Confessions of a shoe seller - Winter Sale
Winter Sale Time
Hello, and I hope you had a great Christmas!
The festive period is always a bit crazy and hectic for us as anyone who works in retail (or hospitality or healthcare for that matter) will know. We love it but it is very busy! However we survived the festive madness, Corbridge was looking wonderful with all the lights and Christmas windows, the Christmas Tree festival was even better and we had more visitors to Corbridge on our late night shopping event than ever before!
And then comes the WINTER SALE!
We have always stuck to the traditional sale times of Winter and Summer, having two sales a year means our customers get a genuine bargain and enjoy sale shopping the way it’s meant to be. Hunting out good selections for customers at sale time is harder as we always have very limited sizes but that makes it challenging and keeps us working hard (especially good after the Christmas food overindulgence)!
I have a few sale tips that may help you enjoy your sale shopping and avoid those never worn buys that lurk in the back of your wardrobe making you feel guilty!
- Remember that we still have a few months of cold weather to go so if you spot a good winter boot in the sales snap it up, you will get to wear it now and then it can be packed away ready for next winter.
- Only buy things that fit - leather will ‘soften’ around your feet and shape to fit you if it is snug around your foot but a shoe will never grow any longer so it is not a bargain if your toes are hitting the end!
- Buy classic styles such as shoe boots, Chelsea boots, ankle boots, black shoes as these will be fine for next season too rather than very trend led styles that may not be in ‘fashion’ next Autumn/Winter season.
- Take advantage of reductions on accessories such as handbags, jewellery and scarves - these are often not as ‘seasonal’ as other items and will be suitable for any season.
- If you go into a store and they have lots of sale items that you have never seen before - be aware! Unfortunately ‘fake’ sales are not uncommon now and items being produced specifically for sales happens more and more now. These are often not real bargains and you will probably find their quality not as great as it should be!
- Only buy things you love … this is my real sale mantra - do you love it should come first closely followed by will you wear it and does it fit! Sometimes going away and having a coffee and a cake can give you clarity but don’t blame me if someone else snaps it up!
Don’t forget to like our social media pages to see what is happening at Finale HQ, get a sneak peek behind the scenes and be kept up to date on everything.
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/finaleshoes/You can also join our Finale friends list by signing up to our monthly newsletter here -
Happy Sale Shopping everyone,